Why this method?
7 Easy Steps on How To Give Your Lens a Thorough Clean
There are different ways to clean up your contact lenses.
But we want to teach you the best way to clean up your lenses to make sure your safety. And here we go ....
*Never ever EVER rinse your contacts with hydrogen peroxide solution and apply them directly to your eyes without completing the entire disinfecting and neutralizing step!!
Doing so can cause a painful chemical injury to the eye.*
1. Remove and place each contact lens into the specially designed lens holder.
2. Close the cover and make sure that the lens is properly placed.
3. Rinse the contact lenses using saline solution for 5 seconds.
4. Fill the lens case with the saline solution into the indicator line.
5. Submerge the lenses in the case and twist the cap to close the lenses securely. (You will notice a bubbling action immediately)
6. Allow the lenses to soak for at least 6 hours or overnight. This time is required to assure complete neutralization of the hydrogen peroxide.
Do not remove the lenses before 6 hours or you likely experience redness, burning and stinging if you try to apply your lenses.
7. After 6 hours or overnight, simply open the case and discard the used solution and clean up the case using the saline solution and let it air dry. Do not rinse the case with water because water can have impurities that can infect your eyes.
How is CLEAR CARE® PLUS Solution different from multi-purpose solutions?
CLEAR CARE® PLUS Solution uses hydrogen peroxide to help prevent eye infections by killing harmful germs and bacteria on contact lenses.
CLEAR CARE® PLUS Solution works with its special lens case to create a bubbling action you can see that actively cleans and removes debris from your lenses so your lenses are clean and comfortable. CLEAR CARE® PLUS are also preservative-free which means no preservatives or chemicals from multi-purpose solutions enter your eyes, which could cause irritation.
How can I be sure my contact lenses are clean enough?
CLEAR CARE® PLUS Solution has a proprietary formulation that features an active ingredient (a surfactant) with excellent lens surface cleaning properties.
The peroxide in CLEAR CARE® and CLEAR CARE® PLUS Solution penetrates the lens to provide deep cleaning, while the bubbling action helps remove protein deposits and other foreign matter.